GMC has announced the Middle East arrival of the 2019 Yukon full-size SUVs, presenting the capability, refinement, safety, performance and connectivity discerning customers expect.
Available in Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali and Yukon XL Denali models, the 2019 premium SUV features enhanced cargo capability – thanks to its available power-folding second- and third-row seats that can be folded flat.
The 2019 Yukon distinguishes itself with bold exterior styling, a precision-crafted interior and more standard features designed to broaden the appeal of already one of the industry’s most popular family of full-size SUVs.
The Yukon’s distinctive Denali models provide an exclusive collection of design, performance and upscale interior amenities.
Yukon at a glance
Yukon SLE and SLT models are powered by advanced EcoTec3 engines, with direct injection and Active Fuel Management, that deliver more horsepower and torque with one of the segment’s best V-8 fuel economy. EPA-estimated highway fuel economy is 10.4L/100km with the standard 5.3L engine.
Yukon Denali’s exclusive 6.2L engine delivers 420 horsepower and 624 Nm of torque. It is matched to a ten-speed automatic transmission that further enhances efficiency and refinement.
Yukon and Yukon XL share design and powertrain elements. The Yukon XL wheelbase is 356 mm longer for greater third-row legroom and more than double the cargo room behind the third-row seat.
Additionally, phone integration technology enhances connectivity and promotes safer driving through Yukon’s next generation IntelliLink system. The technology allows smartphone users to connect with applications such as navigation, hands-free text messaging, entertainment through the IntelliLink display screen.
The 2019 Yukon lineup includes:
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats that enhance cargo capability and convenience – including an available power-folding feature
- Easier entry/exit
- Tire pressure monitor with tire fill alert
- Cargo management system that includes a cargo net
- Standard power rear liftgate with multiple programmable height settings
- Available hands-free liftgate operation
- Wireless phone charging
- Standard eight-inch-diagonal color touch screen radio with enhanced IntelliLink and available navigation
- Eight-inch-diagonal customizable driver display with three available user themes and available head-up display
- Multiple USB ports and accessory power outlets, including a 230-volt three-prong outlet, to support electronic devices of all kinds
- Updated inputs on optional rear seat entertainment system, with video voiceover feature to benefit the visually and hearing impaired
- Added high capacity USB ports in the rear to better support tablet charging
- Available Blu-ray/DVD rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens on Yukon XL
- Conversation mirror in the overhead console that provides a panoramic view of the rear seats
- Available keyless entry and push-button start
- Eighteen-inch wheels are standard on SLE and SLT, with 20-inch wheels available
The Yukon lineup also incorporates available technologies to help protect the driver and passengers before, during and after a collision. They include a forward radar system and the segment’s only Front Center Air Bag, which deploys from the inboard side of the driver’s seat and inflates between the driver and front passenger, providing added protection for both front occupants in side impacts.
The available Enhanced Driver Alert Package includes Lane Keep Assist. When activated, it gently steers the vehicle back into its lane when it detects the driver is inadvertently leaving the intended lane of travel.
The package also includes IntelliBeam headlamp technology, which automatically turns on and off the vehicle’s high-beam headlamps according to surrounding traffic conditions. The automatic high beams stay on until the system detects an approaching vehicle’s headlamps or follows a vehicle’s taillamps.
Bold styling, enhanced refinement
Inside and out, bold styling advances GMC’s professional-grade credentials with elements precision-executed for beauty and function. Yukon’s more aerodynamic exterior also improves highway efficiency and contributes to its quiet ride.
Projector-beam headlamps are standard on Yukon and Yukon XL. The distinctive Denali models are instantly identifiable by their signature chrome grille and unique exterior appointments, including exclusive high-intensity discharge headlamps.
Additional exterior features include:
- Inlaid doors fit into the body side openings instead of over the top of the body, to reduce wind noise and improve aerodynamics
- Laminated windshield and front door glass to enhance quietness
- Lightweight aluminum hood and liftgate panels improve efficiency
- Standard rear spoiler on the liftgate hides the rear window wiper
- Hands-free liftgate operation
- Illuminated, power-retractable assist steps available on Denali
- 20-inch wheels are standard on Denali, with 22-inch wheels available
- Standard capless fuel fill feature, which eliminates the risk of under – or overtightening the cap.
The hands-free liftgate allows a customer with a keyless entry fob, and full hands, to open and close the liftgate by waving his or her foot under a sensor beneath the rear fascia. It is standard on SLT and Denali.
Three new exterior colors are now available on the 2019 Yukon including, exterior colors: Dark Sky Metallic, Pepperdust Metallic and Smokey Quartz Metallic.
Inside, the Yukon’s precisely crafted interior features a quiet cabin, authentic materials and premium infotainment choices.
Examples of attention to detail include a soft-touch instrument panel, console and door panel materials with French seam stitching and purposeful use of ambient lighting in functional areas, including first- and second-row foot wells and the center console. A Bose sound system is standard on all models. Denali models feature active noise cancelation technology to make the interior quieter.
Additional interior highlights include:
- An 8-inch-diagonal Color Touch radio with GMC IntelliLink is standard on SLE and SLT; and an 8-inch-diagonal Color Touch radio with navigation is standard on Denali and available on SLT
- Bose nine-speaker audio system is standard on SLE and SLT
- Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker audio system is standard on Denali
- Tri-zone automatic climate control system is standard on all models
- Multicolor driver information center is standard on all models – with a larger, 8-inch-diagonal customizable display standard on Denali
- A rear-seat entertainment system with Blu-Ray/DVD player, wireless headphones, USB port and SD card slot are available on SLT and standard on Denali
- Push-button starting is standard on SLT and Denali and remote vehicle start is standard on all models
- Power-adjustable pedals are standard on SLT and Denali, and available on SLE
- Five auxiliary power outlets are standard on SLT and Denali, and available on SLE
- A rear-vision camera system is standard on all models
- Cloth-trimmed front bucket seats are available on SLE, and a 40/20/40-split front bench seat is standard
- Perforated, leather-trimmed seats, including heated/ventilated front bucket seats, are standard on SLT and Denali
- Heated second-row outboard seats are standard on SLT and Denali
- Power-folding 60/40-split bench third-row seat is standard on SLT and Denali
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel is standard on SLT and Denali
- Wireless phone charging is standard on Denali
- A power-operated sunroof is available on SLT and standard on Denali.
Phone integration technology
GMC’s IntelliLink system with an 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen is compatible with Apple CarPlay, a phone integration technology which puts iPhone features on the display in a smart, simple manner. CarPlay makes it easy to connect to the features smartphone users rely on most.
The features allow customers to display select apps onto and control them through the touchscreen interface of GMC’s IntelliLink system. Many features can be controlled via voice commands through a button on the steering wheel, helping drivers spend more time with eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
Apple CarPlay supported apps include Phone, Messages, Maps, Music and compatible third-party apps. A full list of those apps can be found at Apple.com/iOS/CarPlay. The system is now Android Auto ready, and will allow Android smartphone users to mirror their devices once the service is made available in the region.
GMC Yukon’s IntelliLink infotainment system offers passengers more choices for their increasingly plugged-in lifestyles. It is easy and intuitive, is highly customizable and is capable of linking multiple devices in various wired and wireless manners.
A Text Messaging Alerts feature for smartphone users with Bluetooth profile reads incoming texts through the vehicle’s speakers to help keep phones safely stowed and drivers’ hands on the wheel.
For Yukon models equipped with the available rear seat entertainment system, the 2018 model year brings a number of modifications and improvements to the connectivity of the thanks to HDMI/MHL connectors that now allows devices to project on the in-vehicle screen. The audio support is also improved with the use of digital headphones.
In addition, rear passenger tablet users get USB port that support 2.1 amp charging atop the already existing USB and 230 AC power outlets. Consequently, the rear entertainment system no longer supports SD Cards, and RCA video/audio jacks.
More capable, more comfortable
The Yukon lineup delivers greater capability and greater refinement through enhanced chassis and suspension systems. A fully boxed frame, composed of more than 75 percent high-strength steel, supports a quiet and controlled ride. Shear-style body mounts attached to the frame significantly improve stiffness and contribute to the Yukon’s smooth ride.
Yukon’s driving experience is further enhanced with:
- Wide rear track that contributes to a more planted stance
- Electric variable-assist power steering system enhances fuel economy and tailors steering assist to vehicle speed
- 9.5-inch rear axle and standard automatic locking rear differential
- Standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control, tow/haul mode, trailer sway control, auto grade braking and hill start assist
- Four-wheel-disc brakes with Duralife brake rotors that offer up to double the service life
- Denali models include third-generation Magnetic Ride Control, a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control by reading the road every millisecond and changing damping in just five milliseconds.
Advanced powertrain technology
The Yukon family is powered by the EcoTec3 engine family. A 5.3L V-8 is standard in Yukon and Yukon XL models and an exclusive 6.2L engine is standard in Denali models, delivering great horsepower and torque – SAE-certified 420 horsepower and 624 Nm of torque.
EcoTec3 engines feature state-of-the-art technologies including direct injection, cylinder deactivation, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system designed to make the most of power, torque and efficiency across a broad range of operating conditions.
The precisely controlled combustion enables a higher compression ratio for greater power and efficiency. The 5.3L V-8 is matched with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the 6.2L in the Denali features a new ten-speed automatic transmission.
Designed and built by GM, the new 10-speed transmission features smaller steps between gears, compared to the previous eight-speed automatic, keeping the engine within the sweet spot of the rpm band to make the most of its horsepower and torque to optimize performance and efficiency.
Yukon models are equipped with standard and available driver-alert technologies that add layers of crash-avoidance protection, as well as enhanced occupant protection in the event a crash occurs.
The Yukon’s available Enhanced Driver Alert Package boasts Lane Keep Assist. When activated, it gently steers the vehicle back into its lane when it detects the driver is inadvertently leaving the lane of travel.
The package also adds Intellibeam headlamp technology, which automatically turns on and off the vehicle’s high beam headlamps according to surrounding traffic conditions. The automatic high beams will stay on until it detects an approaching vehicle’s headlamps or preceding vehicle’s taillamps.
Other safety features include the segment’s first Front Center Air Bag. This feature deploys from the inboard side of the driver’s seat and inflates between the driver and front passenger, providing added protection for both front occupants in side-impact crashes.
Available active safety features use camera, radar and ultrasonic sensors to help avoid crashes. Yukon includes the GM-patented Safety Alert Seat that vibrates if the system determines the driver is at risk of colliding with another vehicle. A standard rear vision camera shows the area immediately behind the vehicle in the audio system screen. It’s especially helpful when hooking up a trailer.
Additional standard and available driver alert technologies include:
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Forward Collision Alert
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Automatic Braking.
Along with driver alert features, standard chassis control crash-avoidance technologies include GM’s StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover mitigation technology, trailer sway control, hill-start assist and four-wheel, four-channel anti-lock brakes. An available trailer brake controller conveniently monitors trailer brakes.