On 23rd November, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix kicks off and for all the petrolheads in the UAE, this is one of the most anticipated events of the year. The Yas Marina Circuit serves as a stage for thousands of fans to see their favorite race car drivers in action.
In the spirit of Formula 1, Deliveroo has put together the top 5 speedy options you can get to fuel up like F1 drivers. After all, race car drivers have to eat too!
Deliveroo’s guide to eating like a race car driver in Dubai:
- Danica Patrick favours an acai bowl with banana, berries, and chia seeds. Find this at Acai Spot on Deliveroo
- Did you know Lewis Hamilton loves gluten free pancakes? Available at Br8 on Deliveroo
- Fernando Alonso prefers a tofu garlic stir-fry with vegetables and wholegrain rice. Get yours at Cha Cha Woo on Deliveroo
- Sebastian Vettel fuels up with steak and sautéed vegetables. Order yours at Beast Mode on Deliveroo
- Esteban Ocon feasts on whole wheat pasta and spinach pesto. Rite Bite on Deliveroo right to your door
Fast facts about Formula 1 that will blow you away:
- A single F1 car cost can cost up to a whopping $10 million
- A Grand Prix drivers will change gears between 2,500 and 4,000 times in a single race
- During a grand prix, an F1 driver burns around 1,400 calories and lose up to three kgs. in weight
- Formula 1 helmets are among the toughest objects in the world! These helmets undergo heat test subjects up to 800 degrees Celsius flames